As a member of the residential mortgage operations team, the Residential Underwriter is responsible for:
- Ensuring annual targets for underwriting volumes are met, keeping our specified risk tolerances and interest rate parameters in mind
- Working to identify and create solutions to complex residential deals.
The Residential Underwriter is also responsible for maintaining appropriate relationships with key mortgage brokers/agents in our target market.
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Communication/ Negotiations
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills
- Well organized
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate relationships in the mortgage brokerage community;
- Represent the organization at industry related events;
- Acquire and maintain an expert knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures, mortgage markets, and mortgage product offerings;
- Identify and create solutions to complex residential deals;
- Obtain mortgage applications for review, analysis and verifying for completeness, accuracy and suitability to our risk tolerances;
- Recommend mortgages and prepare packages for final approval by management/lender;
- Ensure required information is gathered to satisfy conditions of mortgage approval;
- Respond to and provide updates to mortgage brokers/agents on questions or the status of their files;
- Maintain knowledge of the industry’s legal and regulatory environment;
- Pursue continuous learning opportunities;
- Agree to key performance indicators with the Supervisor of Underwriting which will be used to measure annual performance;
- Any other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by Management from time-to-time.
Education: Post-secondary education, courses required to qualify for a mortgage agent/broker licence.
Experience: 2+ year experience in customer service, ideally in financial services or mortgage environment.
Cultural Fit: Possess a personality and values that align with a company culture that values professionalism, trust, loyalty, high ethical standards, adaptability to change and growth, and co-operative teamwork. Our team works to be the best at what we do and achieve sustainable but challenging goals and growth targets while maintaining work/life balance in a small-town cottage country setting.
- Remote Workplace
- Over-time Eligible
- RRSP Contribution
- Health Benefits
We wish to thank all who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.