As a member of the mortgage operations team, the Junior Mortgage Underwriter & Fulfillment Specialist is responsible to ensure annual targets for underwriting volumes are met while maintaining specified risk tolerances and interest rate parameters; working to identify and create solutions to residential deals. Also is responsible for maintenance of ongoing client files as assigned by underwriters; collection and verification of documentation required for conditional loan files.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Computer Skills
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop appropriate relationships in the mortgage brokerage community;
- Create and maintain mortgage files for new clients using our internal systems;
- Acquire and maintain an expert knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures, mortgage markets, and mortgage product offerings;
- Collect and verify information required to satisfy the conditions of mortgage approvals;
- Identify and create solutions to residential transactions;
- Obtain mortgage applications for review, analysis and verifying for completeness, accuracy and suitability to our risk tolerances;
- Recommend mortgages and prepare packages for final approval by management\lender;
- Respond to and provide updates to mortgage brokers\agents on questions or the status of their files;
- Maintain knowledge of the industry’s legal and regulatory environment;
- Pursue continuous learning opportunities;
- Agree to key performance indicators with the Supervisor of Underwriting which will be used to measure annual performance;
- Any other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by Management from time-to-time.
- Post-secondary education, courses required to qualify for a mortgage agent\broker licence.
- 2+ year experience in customer service, ideally in financial services or mortgage environment.
Possess a personality and values that align with a company culture that values professionalism, trust, loyalty, high ethical standards, adaptability to change and growth, and co-operative teamwork.
Our team works to be the best at what we do and achieve sustainable but challenging goals and growth targets while maintaining work/life balance in a small-town cottage country setting.
- Remote workplace
- RRSP contributions
- Health benefits
- Over-time eligible
We wish to thank all who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.