Financial planning. It’s one of those terms that pops up frequently in conversations and the media, yet its meaning is not always clear. At W.A. Robinson, one of the fundamentals of our approach to financial planning is assuring our clients that there are no naive questions. We believe that every question is worth asking, and we do our best to help others make sense of complex topics.
With that in mind, in this article we address a basic question …
What does financial planning actually mean?
We think of financial planning in terms of what it can do for you:
- Gaining peace of mind. This means ensuring your future is financially secure. For example, this may include putting in place savings plans to ensure you’re on track for retirement to protect you and your family from life’s surprises.
- Growing your wealth. This means making smart decisions that put your money to work for you. For example, this may include investing your money for strong yet sustainable growth or identifying efficient ways to minimize your tax burden.
- Caring for others. This means having the ability to financially support your loved ones and your favourite causes. For example, this may include planning tax-efficient financial gifts to give to those you care about, either during your lifetime or beyond.
- Designing your future. This means making proactive choices about the life you want to lead. For example, this may include determining the steps you need to take now so you can retire when, where and how you want to later in life.
What is our approach to financial planning?
Our experienced team at W.A. Robinson approaches financial planning from a client-centered perspective. This means tailoring our services to your needs, which starts with gaining a comprehensive understanding of your family circumstances, your financial situation, and your goals and priorities for the future.
With this detailed picture as our starting point, we can determine the areas in which we can best support you. For example, this may include:
- Cash flow and budgeting
- Determining your net worth
- Investment planning
- Tax planning
- Insurance advice
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning
When done right, financial planning is all about customizing solutions to meet your needs. A key part of our role is helping identify the strategies and tools you need – and those you don’t need – to achieve your financial goals.
Who do we work with?
At W.A. Robinson, we provide financial planning services to a wide cross-section of Ontarians, from police officers, farmers and municipal leaders to doctors, teachers and university professors. Every client of ours is unique, yet they are unified in their desire to work with a team they can get to know and trust on a personal level.
Financial planning is also about long-term thinking and multi-generational wealth. That’s why we often work with the children of our clients, helping them to continue building on the legacy of their parents.
Confidence in your financial future
Since financial planning is personalized, it can mean something different to everyone. At its core, however, it’s about having someone to take some of the weight off your shoulders so you can focus on living your life, confident in the knowledge that your financial future is in good hands.
If you would like to learn more about how W.A. Robinson can support you with financial planning, please contact Ryan Dales at email@example.com.